Self-promotional poetry updates

Well hello! Where is this year going? It is raining and raining today and the earth is absorbing it, shrinking back into winter regeneration. Not yet cold, but sodden. The animals are packing down.
I like it, indeed.

*

I am very pleased to have a poem in Best British Poetry 2014, edited by Mark Ford and Roddy Lumsden. According to the publishers, Salt, this anthology 'presents the finest and most engaging poems found in literary magazines and webzines over the past year. 
'The material gathered represents the rich variety of current UK poetry. Each poem is accompanied by a note by the poet explaining the inspiration for the poem.'
I'm heartened to have my poem, Messenger, included and look forward to reading the other contributions when the book is published this month.
Other news, I've got a few readings coming up.  I'll be reading a couple of poems at the launch of South Bank Poetry in the Poetry Cafe, Covent Garden on Friday 21st November.
I'm also reading at the launch of a new anthology, Her Wings of Glass, at the Second Light festival in London on November 22nd.
And on the 10th December, I'm joining Lorraine Mariner (reading from her brilliant new Picador collection, There Will Be No More Nonsense) and Kelley Swain (reading from her wonderful new collection Atlantic) at the Made in Greenwich Gallery, in ... Greenwich. 
I'm looking forward to all these events, and hope to maybe even see a few of you there. Thanks for reading.









Comments

Popular Posts