'Flow'

Looking forward to reading at this event on Wednesday - though I haven't sorted my 'set' yet. There will also be visual images and music as well as poetry - and you get a free pamphlet to take away. Come along if you are in central London.







I'm also looking forward to reading at the launch of Magma 72 the climate change issue in November and Neetha Kunaratnam's launch in the poetry cafe on December 1st. I'm also running a poetry workshop for Second Light in November. Most personally, I am trying to write new poems. I tried and failed to write about the beluga whale in Gravesend which ended up in a messy splurge - the poem not the animal. I hope the poor creature is able to swim back to safer waters. I seem to be swinging between writing a spiky found poem in the voice of Emma Thomson and a gentle version of John Clare's beautiful poem Meet me in the green glen. Feeling slightly startled by the wide swing between and what it means.

I found out Pavilion are printing a new run of Slant Light so that is good..I got nowhere in the Ginkgo Prize and now I am thinking of sending the poems elsewhere. I have just started Vahni Capildeo's Venus As A Bear and am savouring each poem. That is all in this rather ego-centric post! over and out as we head into true Autumn..

Comments

Popular Posts